Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sky Divers

We had a wonderful Sunday afternoon lazing about on the deck of Sebastian Beach Inn last weekend and were delighted to be "invaded" by some adventurous folk from Skydive Sebastian.  Evie had fallen asleep from all of the fun and fresh air, but woke up just in time to watch in amazement as the plane spilled out tiny spots that transformed into a colorful kaleidoscope of parachutes.  I'm not sure what she was thinking when she finally grasped the metamorphosis of color into actual people falling from the sky, but the look on her face was priceless.   Some times you are just in the right place at the right time.  This was one of those times.

I've seen Free Divers
Sea Divers
And hey look at me divers.
Cave Divers
Brave Divers
And I need a shave divers.
Boat Divers
Moat Divers
And let's take a vote divers.
Day Divers
Night Divers
And just not quite right divers.

But what a surprise,
I can't trust my eyes,
I didn't know divers
Could come from the skies!

First came the airplane
That circled around
Higher and higher
Away from the ground.

And then I saw dots,
That then became spots
Of color and fabric
There were quite a lot.


Closer and closer
and closer to me,
Swooping and looping
Right down to the sea.

And then, just in time
They came in to land
Touching down gently
Right in the sand.

Of all of the divers
That might catch your eye,
I like the divers
That come from the sky!




No comments:

Post a Comment