Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Manners

I know my manners
I don't need a cue,
I know "yes please", and" thank you",
And "How do you do?"

I can cough in my sleeve
And not interrupt
And... if I toot?
(Well, I cover it up)

I can let you go first,
I can share all my toys,
I am just as polite to the girls as the boys.

But sometimes, just sometimes,
I make a mistake.
And I might stomp my foot
Or give my head a shake.

I might whine just a little
Or stick out my lip
Or sit on the floor
And act like a pip.

But when mommy looks at me,
The numbers start coming,
So I shape up, and smile,
And then I start humming.

At one I smile brightly
At two I come running
At three I am brighter than sun that is sunning.

By four my manners are back all the way.
"Do you need a nap?!"

"No Thank you" I say!



No comments:

Post a Comment