Thursday, October 6, 2011

Don't Wake the Baby!


Hey!
We'll be taking your window out today
The building manager came to say
Just a bit of decay, but don't dismay
We surely won't get carried away
A couple of hours and we'll call it a day
Get in, get done, and get out of your way......


Ding Dong....
The window replacement is coming along
But the time frame was just a wee bit wrong
We'll be done before long, we won't string you along
Surely the project won't take a year long
Back in the morning with a day-labor throng
We'll finish the job and then run along.


Knock Knock...
Seems we've run into a bit of a block
The windows we need are out of stock
They are now at the Port, but stuck at the dock
So we'll be back at eight o'clock
We'll throw in the window and seal it with caulk
Tight as a drum and strong as a rock.


Do I feel a breeze?
Sir, may I have a word with you please?
You may want to speak with your new trainees.
Not that I'm doubting their expertise
But they pulled out my window with the greatest of ease
While I stood in my room as bare as the bees.
I guess you could say I'm a bit displeased.


Son of a gun!
Guess what?  You are the lucky one!
All three windows need to be done
Now, calm down...we all know it's no fun
But now that the work has really begun
You'll be the first to have it totally done
And your place will be fine, second to none!


Tap Tap...
OK, now you've done it, I'm gonna snap
I've lived with the bangs and the thunks and the raps
I've humored the bare nekked breeze and the flaps
I've even put up with the zaps and the claps
But listen up, and listen good, you old chap
You've woken the baby, she was taking a nap!



1 comment:

  1. Laurie. I'm attempting to email you a copy of my fun song, "Monster Spray" song. I can't find an email address here??

    Send me your email address at Debbie at Rainbows Within Reach dot com and I'll get it right out to you for some fun!!

    ReplyDelete